Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Busy doing nothing



Ok, I thought I would be a lady of leisure with plenty of time to blog, write my book, swim and sunbathe but alas I still haven't learnt the art of saying 'no' - thank you but no thank you. For me this is as difficult as getting to the front of the queue. So what have I been doing......well finally the University are offering an Early Years Education course so I have been helping with that as I only managed a half no. Several overseas people have asked me to find houses for them - this has been super cool as their budgets are super high so I have been seeing super nice houses. A lot of supers hey. Last but not least working part-time with special needs children and private tutoring too...Talking of school.....

The kids have settled so well into their new school, and their Principal is so super cool she has just won two awards - one Caribbean and one local for being the best of the best. Guess she is just 'Super Nun' - there's a movie in there somewhere. Very large boxes of Roses chocolates will be winging their way there for Teacher's Day tomorrow anyway. Didn't even know they sold Roses here - hope someone buys me a box.

The shack rentals are going super well. Just had the Russkies (great guests and great fun) in for a week. They bought us Tanqueray 10 and insisted on a long night of whiskey cocktails. Never again but when you're the host you're the host aren't you.....

Finally my shipment of goodies from Target arrived with miniscule duty on - hurrah. Within this were super cool remote controlled, wax but battery operated candles. I shared with Ceels. I know we'll be the envy of the cocktails and candles set for sure....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you will continue saying yes, because soon there will be an extra request for tutoring, or maybe 2?

Chrissy said...

Have you thought of updating the Jennifer Miller book by doing your own? I think your experiences are far more realistic to those wishing to relocate on a permanent basis.
Please make more time to write!