Sunday, December 7, 2008

Yes, we're getting there....


Moving somewhere new is a learning curve in all sorts of ways from learning the language (yes, there's someone at work and I don't have a clue what they're talking about on a daily basis so I just nod and smile a lot like an interviewer on TV) to learning how to drive all over again - well I will drive sooooon. In addition, the art of improvisation (the swimming pool) and trying again is almost a daily occurence. For us, coming from a throwaway society, this has been a whole new ball game. Foremost being, we throw away practically no food at all. This week, our coffee machine decided it didn't like grinding much anymore so now I still use fresh local coffee beans, grind a load in the liquidizer and now still use the coffee machine on a daily basis (Starbucks eat your heart out) and use the fresh powder instead of beans. (There were a lot of 'fresh's' in that weren't there - well everything is here ok!) That would have thrown me 6 months ago but now I'm much more matter of fact about things I can't change. That's not to say I still get frustrated but I put everything into perspective much quicker and realise it's not the end of the world. I'll aways be a worrier and about things I can't change but give me a hammock and I'm horiontal in a jiffy or two.....

ps Bless his octton sox, he tried again this morning and they're fab!

No comments: