Saturday, September 13, 2008

The keys are in the lock, come on in mate...

So, I'm conditioned now, a Stepford Wife, one of the crowd, you name it - I get up at 6am and go to bed at 9pm. I just can't stay awake, even for Grey's Anatomy and guess what this Thursday it's the premier of the new season and 2 hours long. So, I've sent Andy off into town today to buy a videotape - yes a videotape - afterall we had to buy a new video to make our cable TV work so we might as well use it to tape on. So after a many years of DVD's & Sky + it's back to videotapes. Oh well if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Security update - our system is ordered but we have to wait a month. So, we leave lights on, have the music on and leave the house looking occupied or with a house sitter when we're out and about at weekends. Yesterday we spent the afternoon at Screw's Spa - it was fantastic, we were the only ones there, the kids loved it and Andy & I got to chat in peace. Afterwards we were given a complimentary fruit platter and we sat and listened to some reggae and chilled, ok, we had a rum punch too - well it was this nice pink shade, really pretty... Anyway, this clearly led me into a completely horizontal state as this morning I discovered that when I'd opened up the house on our return, I had in fact left the keys in the front door all night. So there you go, we are ok afterall. The rogue burglar roaming Dominica had an open invite and didn't take it - maybe he thought it was a sting and upon entering he would have been met with 'Freeze, you're under arrest pal!'. Or maybe I watch too much TV - well, used to.

House update - the electrician came and we have lights. The curtain pole man is coming tomorrow so we will have curtains in all the bedrooms. The unpacking is ongoing & ongoing & ongoing.

Guest House - nearly there, yipee. The 6ft x 6ft bed was made yesterday. There is nothing worse than spending a fortune going on holiday and having a pokey uncomfortable bed is there? Well, not at Sisserou Lodge - your bed will be fab and you can enjoy the most spectacular view from it too. Must check in for a night or two...

Swimming pool - work commences on Monday with the digger who will prepare all the garden too ie. flatten it for the landscaper. Still discussing the decking around the pool and what will be best. When I say discussing, I'm saying 'I want' and the builder is saying 'Well, this is what you can have'. We're a few lengths apart at the moment. Pesky budgets!

Off to a party tonight to meet other new people (yeah, I know). Hopefully I will pick up a few more survival tips and contribute the odd one too - like, this is the cheapest Cadburys Fruit & Nut supplier or, changing to rum & coke is much cheaper than white wine. See, no mozzies on me....

No comments: