Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lost in transit....

Our bank transfer from the UK to here to pay for our container has got lost in transit...........what on earth does that mean?........a trace (whatever that is exactly) has been put on it and an answer may appear between 2 days and 3 weeks. Alternatively the money broker/exchanger/dealer has just stolen our money. The shipper, Ziegler, wants their money before Friday. A visit tomorrow first thing is called for to our friendly bank manager. Do you think we'll get a 13,000 Euro overdraft facility with no questions asked when we are leaving in 3 weeks..............it was all going too well wasn't it............I don't want to discuss high stress levels because in the big scheme of things there are plenty worse off than me I know and I have to keep telling myself this...there again I really would like my container to actually leave this country.....anyway our friend George has just arrived with the rest of our state of the art (even prefab is state of the art you know) pool stuff and a nice bottle of champagne. All I need is a straw now and I'm not sharing. Maybe tomorrow this will all be a dream.............

ps The packer packed all my shoes so I have one pair of flips for the next 6 weeks - am thinking along the 'loads worse off than me' principle again so no problem hey.

No comments: