Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Is it really me?

I am on auto pilot at the moment and am looking forward to getting off, if that makes sense. Everything seems to be related to the move and at times I feel like it's not happening to me but I am doing it all for someone else. When will it really sink in that I'm leaving Europe, my house of the last 3.5 years and the school run? I printed off our Virgin Atlantic E-Ticket today and my heart jumped when I read the routing: LGW/SLU 27/07/08 but underneath was blank. It's a one way ticket. I'd like to think that when I'm on board, relaxed (!), watching a movie (of course the kids will be quietly watching theirs or fast asleep), enjoying a glass of something cold, maybe then it will sink in. I do hope so.

ps Our DHL package is due to arrive today - it will have taken 6 days. Should have used FedEx.

No comments: