Monday, May 19, 2008

Eat up

Most conversations at mealtimes with the children are frequented with 'can we get x/y or z there?'. This is because I'm onto a great thing now (they were so bored and unbelieving of my 'some people don't have anything to eat' lectures) that it's now 'make the most of this, we probably can't buy it in Dominica'. Well, Sunday breakfast goes like this:

Are there croissants?
No.
Are there chocolate croissants?
No.
Are there CocoPops?
No.
Are there CocoRocks?
No.
Are there crisps? (they were lying around, honestly)
No.
Is there cheese (Ollie likes continental breakfast).
No.
Feeling hoisted by my own petard I boldly declare:
'Look, there's nothing beginning with 'c' ok'

I will have to relent soon I know but in the meantime, it's fab. Every plate is spotless.

No comments: